The Heavy Metal Company Limited has been casting and engineering metal in Wellington since 1999, undertaking creative projects of all sizes for the New Zealand art and design industries. Heavy Metal incorporates a traditional metal casting foundry and workshop, artist gallery and precision grinding and sharpening service under one roof.
Founded in 1999 by Master Foundryman and Sculptor Brett Rangitaawa, and Product Designer Jen Waterson, Heavy Metal has established itself as one of New Zealand's leading metal workshops, specialising in large and complex casting, metal conservation, restoration and repair.
Our onsite gallery The Foundry Gallery showcases metal art and object designed and crafted at Heavy Metal; and offers a selection of Maoriana, vintage, retro and industrial collectables, jewellery and curiosity.
In 2016, Heavy Metal acquired and relocated PG2000 - an established machine and saw shop. PG2000 offers a precision grinding and sharpening service for tools, cutters and blades; and stocks a comprehensive range of Linbide TCT Tools and Saws, Stark HSS and Jiffy Saws and Starret Hole Saws.
Heavy Metal works closely with creatives from all design principals to undertake projects of all sizes. From fine art through to 20 tonne bronze memorials, we have the know how and experience to manufacture all of your metal requirements. Our onsite services include:
- Metal Workshop and Foundry
- Studio and Artist Gallery
- Sand and Lost Wax Casting
- Brass, Bronze, Aluminium and Copper Melting
- Polishing, Welding and Finishing
- Metal Restoration and Repair
- Architectural Casting
- Mould Making and Tool Making
- Conservation and Preservation
- Sandblasting and Shotblasting
- Traditional Foundry Patternmaking
- Product Design
- Concept to Completion
- Art Casting and Specialised Patination
- Bronze Plaques, Monuments and Memorials
- Precision Grinding and Sharpening
With over 30 years metal casting experience, we can pretty much cast anything at any size:
- Brass, Bronze, Aluminium and Copper melting
- Metal Art and Sculpture
- Aluminium Plastic Rotational Moulding Tools
- Architectural Fitments and Building Facades
- Furniture and Ornamental Casting
- Bronze Plaques, Memorials and Monuments
- Marine and Agricultural Equipment
- Pump and Valve Casting
- Mining and Robotics Equipment
- Transportation and Defence Componentry
- Oil, Gas and Renewable Energy Product
If it's cast in metal, we can assist you with every part of the design and manufacture process.
Heavy Metal provides a full restoration and repair service for the ongoing protection of new and existing metalworks. We have extensive experience restoring, conserving and preserving all types of metalwork including fine art, public memorials and artworks, architectural castings, building facades and vintage antiques and collectables.